The whole reason I started composting was to accommodate my habit of wasting vegetables. Eventually I acknowledged I only bought kale to plan all the cool things I could do with my kale; I would always remember a week later "shit, I better cook that kale..." but really, all the images I have of me cooking kale in the past were just me dancing around a kitchen to 90's montage music, and when I come face to face with the reality of cooking my kale, I just think with pride, "I composted today! High five, responsible adult."
The poetry of Jill Bodner has allowed me a revelation, and a freedom of expression, with such resonance to conjure the words of Audre Lorde "Poetry is not only dream and vision; it is the skeleton architecture of our lives. It lays the foundations for a future of change, a bridge across our fears of what has never been before." Raw truth has been manifest here today, we give thanks to Jill Bodner for being a conduit to something greater than ourselves, and to the spirits for speaking their wisdom through this lady blog in the immortal voice of closed form poetry.
The whole reason I started composting was to accommodate my habit of wasting vegetables. Eventually I acknowledged I only bought kale to plan all the cool things I could do with my kale; I would always remember a week later "shit, I better cook that kale..." but really, all the images I have of me cooking kale in the past were just me dancing around a kitchen to 90's montage music, and when I come face to face with the reality of cooking my kale, I just think with pride, "I composted today! High five, responsible adult."
ReplyDeleteThe poetry of Jill Bodner has allowed me a revelation, and a freedom of expression, with such resonance to conjure the words of Audre Lorde "Poetry is not only dream and vision; it is the skeleton architecture of our lives. It lays the foundations for a future of change, a bridge across our fears of what has never been before." Raw truth has been manifest here today, we give thanks to Jill Bodner for being a conduit to something greater than ourselves, and to the spirits for speaking their wisdom through this lady blog in the immortal voice of closed form poetry.